June 01, 2020
Summer Corn Salad
Sometimes I feel silly even sharing some of my dishes because I don't consider myself a chef. I wouldn’t even call them recipes per say, but just a few simple ingredients thrown together.
The best part of summer is all the fresh ingredients that are abundant and who doesn't love fresh corn. If I want something a bit heartier I'll add black beans.
- Grilled corn kernels from 3 large ears of corn. We like to grill them on the BBQ so they have a little bit of a smoky flavor.
- 1 avocado diced, make sure the avocado isn't too ripe.
- 1 shallot diced or 1/2 red onion
- 1 English cucumber diced
- 1 carton of cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil and juice from 1 small lemon or 1 lime. I tend to like things pretty lemony so I'll use an entire lemon/lime, just taste as you go.
- A bit of Salt and Pepper
- A dash of Trader Joes Chili Lime seasoning.
Mix all together and let it sit in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving. It's great with chips or can be made as a side for fish, BBQ chicken or burgers.