If you’re lucky enough to have a garden and you’ve planted zucchini, this is the easiest recipe you’ll make but quite possibly the tastiest. Zucchini fries make a great side dish to burgers, grilled meat or even as a snack on its own. I actually prefer these to fries. They have the perfect combination of savory finished with a crunch thanks to the panko crust. Serve with a side of ranch, blue cheese dressing or even marinara sauce.
2 medium zucchini
¾ cup panko bread crumbs
¼ cup parmesan cheese
½ tbsp italian herbs or dried oregano.
salt and ground black pepper, to taste
2 eggs, beaten
1. Preheat an oven (425°F), I cooked ours on the Traeger Grill and they turned out great. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and lightly spray with oil spray.
2. Trim the ends of the zucchini and cut into sticks that resemble thick fries.
3. Place the breadcrumbs, cheese and herbs in a small bowl and mix until well combined.
4. Dip each zucchini stick in the beaten egg and then press into the breadcrumbs to coat. Gently shake to remove loose bread crumbs and transfer the zucchini sticks to the prepared baking tray.
5. Season the zucchini fries with salt and pepper, if desired, and lightly spray with cooking spray.
6. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.