No party is complete without a cheeseboard. A lot of nights when we entertain it’s either too hot or I’m pressed on time to turn on the oven to make a complete meal. Do as the French do and create a cheeseboard, good sourdough bread and a simple green salad. I know cheeseboards can often get spendy, my go to is Trader Joe’s. It’s affordable and they always have a great selection.
My favorite things to include in a cheeseboard.
- 2-3 types of cheese. A soft and hard. Creamy Brie, goat cheese, Gouda. We love the local brand Beehive.
- Cured meats, salami
- Always have a few types of fruit. Grapes are a must and a few berries. Any fruit that’s in season will add a nice touch.
- Lately I love adding sliced cucumbers.
- 2 types of crackers or good sourdough bread.
- Fig jam or high quality honey.
- Dark chocolate