Cheese boards can be so many things: a feast for the eyes, a treat for the senses and a delicious meal all in one. They’re one of the unique joys of serving and eating fine cheese. Not to mention they're always a hit.
Fun + Yum
Over the years I've learned a thing or two. First start with putting the cheeses + dishes with jams or honey on first. It's easier to fill in the small gaps than to make room. Two: don't skim on the cheese. It's the bell of the ball and center of all. I like to have one hard and one soft type of cheese for a little variety.
My Go To Combo:
- 2-3 types of cheese. A soft and hard. Creamy Brie, goat cheese, Gouda. We love the local brand Beehive.
- Cured meats like salami
- Always have a few types of fruit. Grapes are a must and a few berries. Any fruit that’s in season will add a nice touch.
- Lately I love adding sliced cucumbers.
- 2 types of crackers or good sourdough bread.
- Fig jam or high quality honey.
- Dark Choloate