I feel funny even writing this up as a recipe, it’s quite simple and not much of a recipe but here you go!
Serves 8 people
- 2 heads of ice berg lettuce cut into fourths
- 1 carton of cherry tomatoes cut lengthwise
- 2 avocados diced
- Handful of chives chopped
- 1-2 shallots finely diced
- 6 pieces of bacon cooked in oven at 425 for 15 minutes. Just keep an eye on it, you want the bacon crispy not burnt. I lay foil on a cookie sheet, place a cookie cooling rack on top of the foil and add the bacon on top.
- Crumbled Blue Cheese on top of salad- this is where I cheat. I used to go to the trouble of making my blue cheese dressing from scratch but it’s honestly not worth it. Buy the lite house dressing pictured below and add crumbled blue cheese on top.